Tuesday, February 8, 2011

E is for Excited

Monday, February 7, 2011

Today was the first time all of the Student Teachers at West Side were observed by our professor from Calvin. I was excited as this would officially be the first time I was doing some sort of instruction in the classroom. However, I was also nervous as I was very unsure as to how it would go this being the first time I had done anything in front of the students. They have gotten to know me a little bit, but actually leading something is a bit different. I chose to start with the '7b' class. This is the advanced class of 7th graders. They are a great group, and really take ownership in their learning. They like to ask questions to clear things up, and they work hard. For my observation I simply went over a homework assignment. Nothing to stressful, but it was good to start leading the class. Overall I think it went great. The students were paying attention and they asked lots of good questions. Their questions gave me a chance to work out some problems on the board and through this I could show my supervising teacher a little more about how I teach. Other than that it was a pretty 'normal' day at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment