Tuesday, February 8, 2011

F is for Fiesta

This week at West Side is Spanish Week. Each morning there is Spanish music that plays over the intercom, and most days have some sort of Special Spanish activity/presentation. Today there was a Spanish Dance presentation done by a former teacher and his wife. They were an older couple, but certainly knew how to dance. They did some cha-cha, tango, salsa, and a few other dances. Some traditional spanish and some not so traditional. I think tomorrow is Spanish dramas, should be interesting.
Tonight was also a Middle School Skating Party. Most of the middle school teachers attend as well as a few of the specials teachers. About 95 students from 6th, 7th, and 8th came out for the party. It made me feel like a kid again. Since I am a 'staff member' I got in for free which was real nice.

For now I need to finish up my lesson. Tomorrow is my first time of being completely in charge of a class. I have picked 7b to be the section I take over first. The focus of the lesson is on estimating with percents. Shall be interesting! I will be sure to post how it went tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jana, how fun! Glad you made it through your first observation and now your first day taking over....how did it go? And skating, I'd love to see that one....I am sure you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete